When someone in your life offers their time and effort to help you out or improve your life in some way, it can be overwhelming to figure out how to say thank you. And, sometimes simply saying thank you just doesn’t seem like enough. Below are 12 new and inventive ways to show gratitude toward the next individual in your life who thought enough to go that extra mile.
- Send them a Letter. What a wonderful thing it would be to bring back the lost art of handwritten correspondence! You can do your part by choosing to send a lovely letter. Putting pen to paper is a gift in and of itself, as you’re giving that person your sincerest appreciation. Choose special stationery to make it extra special.
- Make them a Video. If you are technologically inclined and enjoy being the star of the show, why not make them a video to upload to Youtube? You can keep it private if you like and simply share the link with them. You can sing a song you wrote yourself or even wear that sweater they sent you to show how well it fits. They’ll be able to watch it as often as they like and it will always make them smile.
- Send them an Egift Card. Could there be any better way to say “thank you” than with an egift card chosen specifically for them? They are convenient, fast and easy. You can purchase them online and send them directly to their text or email. Plus, they are safe and secure and they’ll be able to track their spending and balance.
- Send a Framed Photo. If you’re able to capture a photo of you and them, what a perfect way to embrace the moment and the spirit of appreciation. Couple it with a sincere thank you note, and they will, no doubt, proudly display the photo as a reminder of your special bond.
- Pay it Forward. Sometimes people that we don’t even know reach out and extend the hand of generosity. It might be that your bill was paid for you or an anonymous neighborhood Santa delivered a box of delicious cookies to your doorstep. One of the greatest ways to return the favor is to pay that spirit of generosity forward. Make a special donation to a charity or pay a stranger’s tab. You’ll be surprised at how good it feels!
- Offer a Listening Ear. Virtually everyone in the world is silently struggling with an issue. They might not even express it to friends or family but being human means worrying and toiling with anxiety. Offering a listening ear is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. Truly listening involves not offering advice if it isn’t asked for, being free of distraction as they speak, and verbally and non-verbally showing them that you care.
- Bring in the Love. While the pandemic might not be completely over, we’ve leaped miles ahead to a culture that is, once again, embracing the embrace! A great way to say thank you to someone could simply be to give them a big, prolonged hug. Touch is vital for humans, and a long hug will go far in making them feel loved and valued.
- Offer Your Help. Even though it’s likely your friend didn’t help you with the sole idea of getting something in return, there’s nothing wrong with offering up your help to them. Do they need a ride to the airport? Help cleaning out their garage? A run to the grocery store while they take the kids to soccer practice? Offering to help them as they helped you will solidify the bond you have with one another.
- Make them a Gift Basket. Everyone loved goodies, and even more so when they are stuffed inside an adorable gift basket! With so many options to choose from the basket will be busting at the seams, think: votive candles, hand lotions, stuffed animals, chocolates, cheeses, fuzzy socks, etc. Don’t forget a thank you card or handwritten note!
- Announce it To the World. You’re so amped about this person helping you out, you want to spread the news and shower them with thanks. That’s exactly what social media is great at! Using your own blog, Facebook page or even Twitter, cover them with virtual hugs and kisses in a social media blast that will have them grinning from ear to ear.
It’s not often that we are faced with the opportunity to express thanks to another person who offered their generosity on our behalf. Don’t let the chance slip away to make them feel special, and you’ll know doubt feel that rosy glow of gratitude yourself.
Leave a Reply