In case you have suffered from water damage, then knowing what is to be done is an eminent thing. Here are 10 steps which you need to follow after water damage as quickly as feasible.
1. Recognize and solve the issue-
Firstly, recognize the source of the leakage and try to stop it. If leakage is due to faulty line beneath the sink or behind your toilet then you can close the supply line valve. If it is from a pipe, then repair it using a epoxy putty, pipe tape or a patch and clamp kit.
2. Connect with your insurance provider-
In majority cases, water damage in homes is covered under home insurance. To confirm you can connect with your home insurance and schedule an examination to review losses. Also, you can call a expert water damage professional to help you manage water damage in your home.
3. Keep a record of all the water damage-
First thing, take photos of all the damaged belongings like furniture, appliances, gadgets and clothes. Keep a note of all the water-damaged walls, floors and ceilings. But it’s tough to keep a record of each and everything. You should hire an insurance adjuster to do all this ground work and he will also help you in getting the maximum claim amount.
4. Examine and sort all your valuables-
As a next step, you need toclosely condition of all your furniture, electronics and gadgets. You also might be able to clean some slightly spoiled items. If you are not sure, then you can ask a restoration company for assistance.
5. Get Off To A Safe Start
Begin with safeguarding yourself from injuries and bacteria by wearing a solid working gear. You can also wear heavy rubber boots and protective gloves. You also need to shut down electricity of flood affected areas or entire home.
6. Eradicate all water-
If you have a mop, then try to eradicate the water from your home. Also you can use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the moisture from the space. This will help you to prevent the possibility of mould infestation in your home.
7. Begin with the drying procedure-
After eradicating water, you can use the air movers and dehumidifiers to execute the drying process. However, this is not possible y yourself, so you can hire an expert cleaner for cleaning your home after water damage.
8. Clean, repair and refurbish your home-
You can arm yourself with a variety of sanitizing cleaners. You can check all the labels on your product so that you can know which cleaners are safe to use in residential cleaning. You can clean all the surfaces, ceilings and floors for optimum results.
9. Stay aware of mold infestation-
Mould infestation is a dangerous part of home water damage restoration. You need to examine and all the areas which are affected. You might also use a bleach and water cleaning solution surfaces which are non-porous, however, anti-fungal cleaning solutions are much more safe.
10. Call the professionals for restoring water damage-
Restoring a home after water damage might become a great task. Also, it has its own personal safety hazards. So, you can call professionals to deal with all the damage and restore your home.
Top signs of home water damage
At times, water damage can lead to big problems. Here are some signs which you need to check for water damage.
- Stains which appear like rings which might be caused due toloose shingles or flashing issues on the roof.
- Damp insulation might be an eminent sign of water leaking from the roof.
- Scorched paint and flakingwallpaper might point towards water damage within the walls of your home.
- Distorted or slack baseboards are also indications of water damage which are hiding inside walls.
- Soft spots in your floors, near your bathtubs might indicate plumbing fixtures failure.
- Worn out or cracked tile or laminated wood floors might point towards accumulation of moisture for long time.
- Mould infestation and watermarks near the sinks might be the result of defective supply lines and fixtures.
- Constant, musty smells might be signs of concealed water damage in your house.
- Basement walls might get stained and cracked due to water accumulation near the foundation.
- Clogged gutters might be an indication of severe water damage which might also lead to flooding.
In case you suffer from water damage, you might need immediate action and special attention for the re-establishment of your commercial or residential property. For this, you might need to connect with experts and appoint them with water extraction. So, if you have suffered water damage and are looking for well-organized and Flood Damage Restoration Gold Coast and Flood Damage Restoration Sunshine Coast, then our team at Carpet Clean Expert is here to help you. We can clear all the accumulated water, moisture and fix the damage resulting from floods in fewer time and an affordable cost.
So, connect with us now and call our experts for help.