In addition to optimizing your product pages for user experience, you’ll want to make sure they’re as SEO-friendly as possible. After all, it is because of SEO you will get organic traffic, which will brighten up the chances of lead generation. Hiring a professional SEO company New York will help of course, but there’s a lot you can do to improve your product page’s SEO.
This post will explain several less obvious — at least to most website owners — aspects of product page SEO and why they are so crucial to consider.
The Basics of Product Page SEO
A product page on an e-commerce site or online marketplace is also a page, therefore all of the SEO considerations that apply to website content also apply to product pages.
- Add a catchy title that emphasizes the product name. Also include SKU if your product is, for example, a small component of a larger machine. People might look for anything like that.
- Write a detailed, one-of-a-kind product description. Most of the time that isn’t the product description provided by the manufacturer. That description might be seen on numerous sites, resulting in duplicated content and a symptom of poor website quality. In all instances, avoid duplicating text owing to manufacturer descriptions.
- Include a captivating meta description. A product page generally includes a lot of basic information, such as dimensions and terms of service. You should include a meta description on your product pages, even more than on content pages, to avoid Google using that irrelevant language in a meta description.
- For your product pages, come up with a catchy, easy-to-remember URL.
- Include high-resolution, well-optimized photos with descriptive ALT text. At the very least, include the product name in the main product image. This will assist you in performing better in visual searches.
Achieve Great Results By Adding Structured Data To Your Products
Structured data is an important component of today’s SEO strategy. For your product pages, you can no longer do without organized data. There is a Product Schema that assists you in obtaining emphasized search results, often known as rich results. Furthermore, you should use Review structured data to mark up your customers’ reviews. All of these will help your product page stand out in the search results, increasing the chances that a potential consumer will click on your link.
There are numerous ways to add structured data to your product page. Although SEO Schema.org provides a lot of choices, search engines only support a small number of them. See Google’s page on product page structured data for an example of what search engines expect from your code and what they can do with it.
Also Read: Hunk Water Owner
Add Real Reviews
According to Pew Research, 93 percent of US online customers read reviews before making a purchase. Even though not everyone believes in online reviews, they can be beneficial.
If you’re a local business, online reviews are even more important. Even though the majority of reviews are positive, the negative ones may reveal more about what is going on with a product or company.
Ensure that you mark up your reviews and ratings using the Review and Rating schema so that search engines can identify them and return appropriate results on search results pages.
Create A Lightning-Quick Product Page
Waiting is something that no one enjoys. It costs money to wait for a website to load. Every second matters in today’s mobile-centric environment. Even more so if you spend a lot of time and effort in the first place looking to attract that potential customer to your product page. Google, like the rest of the world, expects a speedy page.
User Test Your Product Page
Using Google Analytics, Search Console, and other data analysis tools to examine data can provide you with a lot of information on how users find and engage with your page. These insights could assist you in making modifications to further improve the page’s performance. While it’s critical to monitor your product pages, user testing is another approach to guarantee they’re up to pace.
Don’t forget to perform your user testing while comparing your product pages to external user research. Thorough research will yield results that you would not have noticed otherwise.
Earn People’s Trust By Demonstrating That You’re Serious About What You’re Doing
It takes a lot of trust to persuade a stranger to buy something from your website. Before handing over their hard-earned cash, someone has to know you’re the real deal. Google places a high value on the concept of trust. The search engine attempts to assess trust and knowledge by looking at things like online reviews, awards given to a site or its authors, and so on.
The best piece of advice is to get a reliable SEO agency, such as Map-it Inc on board and give your product pages the exposure and visibility they deserve.