Explore the top six solutions to B2B email marketing optimization and see how they can raise your Amazon conversions in no time!
Amazon is a versatile online shopping platform that allows transactions not only between sellers and buyers but also between sellers and other businesses. If you are thinking of expanding your customer base beyond individuals, it is imperative that you approach it with the right strategies.
In the article today, let’s have a look at B2B email marketing – a tactic best suited for B2B sales. Once you understand its ins and outs, expect to see drastic results in your Amazon sales in no time!
What Is B2B Email Marketing And How Can They Help Your Amazon Business?
B2B is the model which involves two or more business entities exchanging goods or information. By that logic, B2B email marketing simply applies the concept of email marketing to target specific entrepreneurs instead of retail customers.
So why is it a must to include B2B email marketing in the master plan of your Amazon store?
- It reaches an engaged audience: on most websites, customers have to subscribe to the system if they want to receive further updates. Therefore, emails are only sent to buyers who already showed their interest in your products. This raises the chances of conversion and makes sure the receiving ends do not feel off-putting with your content.
- It is trackable and measurable: there are plenty of tools available to monitor the performance of your email ads. Essential metrics like clickthroughand conversion rates can be recorded and presented so you can calculate how effective these emails are.
- It is easy to set up:unlike other ad campaigns, which require a deep understanding of digital marketing and many personnel, email marketing can be done by a designer, a copywriter, and an ad analyst It only takes high-quality content, suitable visual assistance, and a pool of relevant customer data for you to get started.
- It is relatively affordable:the only amount of money necessary to run an email ad campaign is for tools that simultaneously send tons of emails at different addresses. Besides that, if you already have an in-house marketing team, no more expense is needed.
Six B2B Email Marketing Best Practices
1. Choose a reputable ESP
ESP – also known as “email service provider” – is a website that allows you to craft emails and send thousands of them to the already provided receivers. While most ESPs share similar working mechanisms and are available at many different price ranges depending on your budget, each ESP has its unique features that make them stand out. For example, Constant Contact offers online crash courses and free coaching on how to take advantage of email marketing. At the same time, Pardot enables you to do the A/B testing with multiple variations.
Spend time getting to know a few ESP before deciding the one that best fits your business.
2. Write a strong subject line
Your potential customers are more likely to open the email if its subject line is eye-catching. A compelling subject line should be concise and to-the-point, including the most important piece of information and delivering a sense of urgency to provoke feelings from the receivers.
3. Pick a legitimate sender name
Sending invitations to do business from a clone account is the worst thing you can do with your email ad campaign. What you need to do is to use a professional email account with the brand name clearly stated. This way, customers can easily recognize the source of the emails. In case they have actively engaged in your content in the past, chances are they will continue to do so with your emails.
4. Fill in the preview
A preview in emails is the short text displayed right below the subject line. Many Amazon businesses do not pay attention to this small detail, but an informative preview helps catch the attention of users and subtly pique their curiosity. You can check out the following tips on how to optimize the preview.
- Do not repeat the subject line: there is no use in saying the same thing twice. Not only is it a waste of resources, but it also shows you lack creativity and have not put enough effort into reaching out to consumers.
- Offer valuable insights: as the receivers only spend a few seconds contemplating whether to open the mail or not, the preview has to give them what they want to hear the most. Are they curious about your wholesales policies? Is your brand having any deals exclusively designed for them? How can your service help solve their problem? Answer these questions briefly in the most suitable tone.
5. Insert a call-to-action
The end goal of sending emails to customers is to raise the clickthrough rate, which can be achieved by a persuasive call-to-action. If you want customers to click on the link leading to your landing page, ensure all the content and visuals are carefully worded to extract their behaviors.
If you are still not sure what to do, try using these call to action examples:
- Affirmative statements:“Get the best shoes under $200 on our fanpage!”
- Questions:“Will you help save the Earth by using our bamboo straws?”
- Urgent statements:“Make your purchase before the deal ends in 1 day!”
- Suggestions: “Let’s see how our supplements can solve your health issues.”
6. Do not overdo
Your emails should be informative, but not at the expense of readability. Include only what matters the most to your customers, like listings, special promotion codes, offers for collaborations, etc. You also want each email to look neat and classic with enough photos for illustrative purposes, not messing it up with a lot of unnecessary gifs and images.
Utilizing B2B email marketing is a highly effective yet economical approach for you to raise your Amazon store’s conversion rate. If you wish to know more about it, visit this website for further information and tailored advice!