Choosing your first dab rig can be a daunting task. There are so many to choose from and so many variables. Do you want a percolator for smooth hits, or do you want to get the most bangs for your buck? A delta 8 preroll is usually classified by its material; glass, titanium, or quartz. You may also find some other materials in between, like ceramic and porcelain.
Everyone wants to have the smoothest experience possible with their dabs. Although the bowls of the dab rigs can have different materials and have a different shapes, it is very important to know the difference between these materials. So here are some useful tips to help you choose your first dab rig:
- Look for High- Quality Material
Although titanium and glass dab rigs have good reviews, quartz and ceramic dab rigs tend to give smooth hits. So when choosing your first dab rig, you might as well get the best experience you can get. Quartz is known for its durability, while porcelain is known for its unique design. However, you can easily find many rigs at low prices, but don’t expect the same high-quality material.
- Choose a Flat Style Bowl
This will help you clean it fast and easy after each use. In addition, the quartz flat-style bowls come with a 10-degree angle to prevent excess butane from draining out of the bowl. Thus, that can give you a way smoother dabbing experience than other styles of quartz bowls that come in different angles. Also, this type of setup will allow you to have easier control in heating the nail.
- Know-How to Choose a Flow of Air
Since dabbing is all about altering the temperature of your nail, it is good to know that the different styles of dab rigs have different ways to achieve this. The bubbler and mini-bubbler are common glass rigs that you can use with power tools like a torch or an e-nail. These styles use a carb cap with an angled hole on top, which controls the airflow through your dab rig. Also, this hole helps regulate the temperature as well.
- Consider Different Styles
There are many styles and designs of the carb caps. You can choose what will fit with your dab rig. If you have a bubbler, it is better to use an e-nail because an e-nail is longer than a torch and can provide more heat for your dab rig. If you have an e-nail, it is recommendable to use it instead of a torch because it provides a stable temperature even if you hold the nail for too long, which can cause cracks on your nail or the bowl itself.
- Pay Attention to Your Budget
Not everybody wants to spend much on their first dab rigs, so if money is an issue for you, we recommend getting titanium dab rigs because they are cheaper than glass and quartz without sacrificing quality. On the other hand, if budget isn’t an issue for you, get quartz or ceramic ones as they don’t break easily due to their unique compact designs.
- Look for the Right Size
This is essential because each dab rig style has the right size for your preferred setup, and you should always choose the right size. For instance, bubblers are usually smaller than other styles because they don’t need extra space for airflow and vapor scrubbing abilities. Also, they have a special carb cap with a smaller hole that regulates the airflow.
Dab Rigs Accessories for Better Smoking Experience
Dab rigs come with various options that can help you get more out of dabbing. In addition, many options can help you enrich your smoking experience. Here are some accessories to consider:
- Dab Rigs with Bubblers: Bubblers are glass accessories that help cool down and filter the smoke for a smoother hit. They also ensure the dab nails don’t have excess butane because they allow air to come in and out of the nail. Some use this to get second-hand smoke without passing it to other people.
- Dab Rigs with Water Filters: Dab rigs don’t only come with quartz but also dab nail attachments that come with a water filtration system. This is good for those who want to buy their water filtration system because it is portable. Also, this gives you the ability to filter your vapor without having to boil water in a kettle or use expensive vaporizers.
- Ceramic Nails: Ceramic nails have been getting a lot of attention. They are relatively new, but they give an intense hit ideal for those who want the strongest hit ever. While they cost a bit more than other nails, they are worth it because they don’t break easily and tend to retain heat better than other nails.
- Bubbler Bowls: These glass accessories have a water filtration system inside a bowl. This is good for people who want to dab without water but still want the smooth hits that way. You can also use these as a stand for your nail if you don’t want to hold onto the bowl. This is also great for when you are traveling.
- Shatterproof Cups: Shattered glass can be dangerous to handle, so limiting your exposure to this hazard is recommended. However, shatterproof cups are safe enough for dabbing without any worries. These cups also come with an atomizer attachment for those who prefer using them like usual e-nails or torches. Also, they have the ability to retain heat and maintain the ideal temperature.
There are many dab rigs to choose from, but the tips we gave you will hopefully put you on the right track in choosing your first dab rig. It is advisable to get a quartz or ceramic dab rig because they will last longer and give you a smoother hit without being very expensive. Also, acclimatizing yourself with all the tips and tricks mentioned above will help you enjoy your time with your new dab rig.