A living room with multiple doors and windows gives the owners many advantages: it provides additional lighting and fresh air, inside such a room there is a feeling of lightness and freedom.
So, if you intend to create an original design solution for your living room with multiple doors and windows, windows will largely determine your intentions and actions. In order not to be mistaken with the arrangement of the living room area, let’s find out the advantages of a room with several windows:
- An excess of light allows you to give free rein to your imagination in a well-lit area and not to be afraid of gloominess when dark objects appear.
- Even a small living room is visually widened with two windows.
- A beautiful view from the windows can always be used as a feature of the overall design composition that will be planned for the hall.
But as we know, each item has its own expiration date. That is why, after some time, both windows and doors will not be able to fully function. Over time, they become sources of drafts, low temperatures in the house, dust and noise.
Typical reasons for replacing doors and windows
Replacing windows in the living room with multiple doors and windows increases the energy efficiency of the room — due to their high insulating qualities, the windows retain heat well in winter and pleasant coolness in summer. The main reasons for replacing window glasses are:
- poor thermal insulation — in summer the room heats up more, which increases the consumption of the air conditioner, and in winter, heat losses increase significantly, due to which the cost of heating the room increases;
- reduced noise insulation — loud sounds penetrate the room, causing discomfort;
- lack of functionality — some old models do not have vertical ventilation and micro-ventilation, like new PVC windows;
- unaesthetic appearance — over time, the appearance of the window structure deteriorates.
What about doors? Over time, the locks begin to work poorly, there are jamming or idle turns of the key. The doors deform over time and sagg, it becomes inconvenient to open and close them. The third problem stems from the second. The door begins to let drafts into the room, all because of the not tight pressing of the canvas to the box or the wear of the seals. Together with drafts, cold, unpleasant odors and extraneous noises will penetrate into the apartment.
How to choose windows and doors?
How to choose windows and doors in order to combine them with other elements of the exterior and interior — furniture, flooring and walls? There are no strict rules regarding the color of windows and doors in the interior. The main rule is fantasy and good taste, which, whatever one may say, requires a certain combination of elements. Attempts to choose everything in one style or one color, rather, will lead to the fact that the interior will turn out to be boring and monotonous. To prevent this, you need to decide what you will combine: material, color and texture of window frames and doors, doors and flooring, furniture, and so on.