Blogging may be highly beneficial to many people and for different reasons. Blogging isn’t just for companies anymore! It can benefit you personally, professionally, and financially.
WHAT IS THE COST OF STARTING A BLOG?
Depending on your blog’s goals, the answer could range from $0 to hundreds of dollars. You could get up and run with no financial commitment if you want to establish a hobby blog for pleasure.
However, to earn money from blogging, you’ll need to invest in a hosting plan, which generally costs approximately $50 per year. Fortunately, while you’re just starting with blogging, you won’t need to invest much more than that. This is the bare minimum cost to start a blog if you want to keep costs as low as possible.
CAN YOU START A BLOG FOR FREE?
Yes, it is technically possible to start a blog without spending any money. There are free blogging platforms where you can write if you are doing it for pleasure. Starting a blog for free, on the other hand, is not a good idea.
STARTING A FREE BLOG HAS SEVERAL SIGNIFICANT DRAWBACKS
Consider the following scenario:
- Making money with a free blog is quite difficult. A non-commercial blog appears amateurish.
- Things you can do with a free blog are severely limited.
- Free blogs aren’t always what they appear to be — there is generally a slew of hidden extra costs to be discovered after you have invested time and effort.
- Free blogs grow at a significantly slower rate.
- Because you haven’t invested any money in a free blog, you’re less likely to work hard on it and make it a success.
If you start a free blog, the following are the two most likely outcomes:
- You’ll eventually give up because you’re annoyed by slow development of your portal or your blog failing to make any money.
- You realize your mistake and start from scratch with a paid blog.
UTILIZE THE WEB HOSTING SERVICES
Starting a blog is relatively inexpensive. Your hosting plan will be the most expensive part of your budget. You can use a free hosting service like Weebly or Wix, but you won’t be able to use your domain name.
It doesn’t look very professional if you don’t have your own domain name, and it’s also bad for SEO and Google rankings. You’ll need to buy hosting if you want your own domain name. Your website’s hosting platform is essentially its home, and you’ll need to pay your hosting “rent” on a monthly or annual basis.
Here’s a collection of helpful hints to start a paid blog.
- Choose a niche to focus on
- Invest in a domain name
- Invest in web hosting
- Install WordPress
- Begin blogging regularly
- Promote your blogs on the internet
- On your blog, start selling something or doing affiliate marketing
What is the cost of having the blog hosted?
Here are a few hosting service providers’ recommendations for beginning or intermediate bloggers. Bluehost is the first, and it is a well-known and user-friendly hosting service with excellent customer care.
Blue host’s default pricing structure is a 36 months contract. However, you can choose a 12-month or 24-month plan for a dollar or two more per month if you don’t want to commit to 36 months. Bluehost frequently offers discounts, so your blogging expenses may be considerably lower. You’ll get a free domain name after signing up for a plan. You are free to choose any domain name you wish if it is not already used.
A2Hosting is another hosting package. The A2 Hosting website isn’t as flashy as Bluehost’s, but it provides the same level of reliability and customer support. When you sign up for an A2 Hosting account, you’ll get a free domain name, similar to Bluehost.