Many people have started using a hair growth serum in their hair care routine because of the various benefits it offers. A shampoo and a conditioner alone cannot provide complete protection and nutrition to our hair. Considering the harmful weather conditions, our hair needs protein to fight pollution. The shampoos and conditioners we generally use are also filled with chemicals, sulphates and parabens. They might seem to provide shine and lustre to our hair, but overuse of these products damage the hair slowly. This leads to breakage, thinning, dandruff, dry hair, and other problems.
Scalp Micropigmentation is a cosmetic procedure which involves the application of pigment, usually to the scalp. The treatment can be used to change hair color, add highlights, or cover bald spots.
Sometimes we feel that our hair has stopped growing after a certain point, this also happens because of the chemical products and pollution. Understanding what the hair needs and using products accordingly is very important for hair growth.
Find the best hair growth serum in the market to suit your hair type.
Things to Know About a Hair Growth Serum
- A hair serum does the work of growing our hair quickly and also helps in the growth of new hair.
- A good hair serum that is not loaded with chemicals is effective and does its job perfectly.
- A hair growth serum acts as fruit for your hair. You can even replace a hair conditioner with a hair serum.
- Using is a hair serum regularly is as important as using shampoos and hair oils.
- Hair serum can act as a barrier to heat, so applying it before hairstyling is a good practice since it will restrict direct heat on hair.
- A hair growth serum is packed with nutrients that are essentially needed for hair growth and ensures good hair health.
- Hair can stop growing due to a variety of reasons such as genetics, hormonal issues, ageing, etc. A good hair growth serum will help stimulate the scalp for better growth.
- This serum will keep hair problems at bay. With regular use of serum, you can combat issues like dryness, discolouration, roughness, etc.
Benefits of a Hair Growth Serum
Many people wonder if using a hair growth serum is effective and safe. Let’s look at a few points that can help to prove that these serums are actually worth investing in:
Increase blood flow
Blood flow is very important for hair growth and the development of new hair in bald patches to prevent hair loss. The scalp needs to be relaxed to increase the blood flow. If the blood flow takes place properly, then it will lead to new hair growth. A hair growth serum increases the blood flow in our scalp, thus speeding up the process of growing new hair. People who are experiencing no hair growth due to hormonal reasons should increase the blood flow in their scalp. This will ensure that the hair is receiving all the nutrients and proteins needed for hair growth. They can do so by using a hair growth serum. Shampoos can only help in cleaning the scalp but a serum is going to focus on treating the root problems.
Moisturize the scalp
For hair growth to take place rapidly, it is important to moisturize the scalp along with cleansing it. If the scalp is dry, it will only lead to breakage and dandruff. A hair growth serum helps to lock the moisture and also get rid of the excess oil. Excessive oil built up on the scalp also leads to other problems that can stop hair growth. A hair growth serum balances the oil production and keeps the scalp moisturized. This helps to promote new hair growth and adds volume to the hair. One needs to use a serum consistently to experience the benefits.
Stimulate hair follicle production
When the hair follicle production reduces, it stops hair growth completely. This can happen due to ageing or hormonal issues. One needs to do various treatments to increase hair follicle production. The best way to do this is by using a hair growth serum as they are known for being enriched with nutrients that stimulate follicle production in our scalp.
When new follicles grow, they lead to new hair that is stronger, thicker and shinier. Hair serums are therefore considered very important, and everybody should include them in their routine. Most people have stunted hair growth because they have fewer hair follicles. It is important to increase their production in areas that have the least amount of hair. Hair balding and patches take place due to this reason.
Invest in a good serum for hair growth if you are somebody who wants to have long and thick hair. Provide the scalp with the protein and nutrition it needs for growing strong and voluminous hair.
How to Use a Hair Serum?
Hair serum is the last product you can use just before styling your hair. The proper way of using a hair growth serum includes:
- Washing your hair as usual.
- Wrapping your hair in a soft dry towel to remove extra water.
- Take a few drops of hair growth serum in your palm and rub them.
- Apply them through your hair, focusing on the tips.
Remember, you should apply the hair serum when your hair is still damp. Repeat it if your hair feels frizzy after drying out completely.