“Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account,” said Anne Wilson Schaef, an American clinical psychologist and author. She is best known for her book When Society Becomes an Addict, the New York Times bestseller list and was nominated for Best Political Book of the Year.
COVID-19 has taken many lives in recent years and to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 regular use of the mask is important along with some essential precautions like cleaning your hand and maintaining social distancing. But you need to understand that not all masks provide you same type of protection. So, it’s important to identify which mask fits you, how many layers of protection it has, and does it filters the air.
Here are two important ways how mask prevents the spread of COVID-19 effectively.
Make Sure The Mask Fits You
If you wear a loose mask then the gaps allow air with your respiratory droplets to leak in or out from the edges of the mask and the droplets may contain some infected virus or bacteria that transmit from one person to another and spread the COVID-19. So, make sure to get a tight-fitted mask that prevents both the wearer and others from the transmission of droplets.
Get A Multi-Layered Mask
A multi-layered cotton mask is very helpful in preventing the spread of respiratory droplets both inside your mask and also escaping from your mask if you are already infected. Most of the doctors suggest wearing a multi-layered mask to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Here Are Some Do’s And Don’ts Of Wearing A Mask Properly:
- Find a mask with a nose wire The nose wire is a thin metal strip that is placed on the top of the mask.
– If you have an air gap between your nose bridge then the nose wire can prevent the air from leaking through the top side of the mask.
– Try to bend the nose wire over your nose so that it can fit your nose without any gap.
- Use a mask filter or a brace
– The mask filter or a brace is a good option to use over your cloth or disposable mask so that it can prevent the air from leaking from any gap through the edges of the mask.
- Combine two disposable mask
You should understand one thing that disposable masks are made to fit tightly and even if you wear two disposable masks it will not make your mask fit and neither it will increase the prevention.
- Combine KN95 mask with another mask
It’s very common to see people using different masks at a time but adding an extra mask with your KN95 mask will not provide you any additional prevention and also it will make breathing difficult for you.
The biggest innovation seems to be with UV-C light, which can kill off bacteria and viruses with ease. Enter the UVMask, a face mask that has a built-in UV-C filter. The UV Mask is the safest way to be around others right now.