Academic knowledge is very important to establish good careers and become successful in life. Effective completion of education is the need of the hour to achieve our dream jobs and positions, but along with academics, students have to possess some other traits as well to become successful in life. Teamwork, good interpersonal skills, better interactions, can be accomplished by extracurricular activities.
Not only this, but extracurricular activities also broaden the future career opportunities for the students. With passion and excellence in the activity of interest, students can choose one as a job as well. For proper growth and development of the students, learning and co-curricular activities should go hand in hand. Learners must follow certain techniques that help them in managing learning and extracurricular interests, to lead a successful life.
Why is maintaining a balance between studies and co-curricular important?
- We all know that education and curriculum are very important for the growth and development of students. But for the proper holistic development, co-curricular activities are equally important. By focusing on any one of the two and neglecting the other can affect the body functioning and effective education of the students.
- Balance between both these things can teach time management skills to the students. Too much involvement in extracurricular can affect academics and not performing any extracurricular activity can affect the mental and physical health of the students. The will and interest of doing these both will enhance the time managing skills of the students which will improve their work effectiveness as well.
- Learning to maintain a balance between the studies and doing extracurricular activities will make students more manageable and productive. Students will start following proper schedules, and proper scheduling will help in the timely completion of the work. This will enhance the productive skills of the students.
- A balance between academics as co-curricular activities will help to maintain the physical and mental health of the students. Along with studies, activities such as playing, singing, dancing, painting, help students to manage their mental stress. With less mental stress they can focus on their studies better. But too much time in extracurricular activities can cause fatigue and tiredness. Therefore a balance is mandatory.
How to manage both: tips for students
- Studies should come first
We all know that studies are a very important and fundamental duty of all the students. Whether learning asynchronously or via online classes app, you should complete your learning first and later step for extracurricular activities or following your hobbies. Once your daily study tasks will be completed you will be free to enjoy the activities you love doing. By doing this way your parents and teachers will also be satisfied that their ward is paying proper attention to the studies. Properly taking classes, completing your homework, assignments and self-studies should be managed by the students first.
- Time management
Students have a lot of work to do for the entire day. If they want to accomplish both learning and participating in other activities of their interest, good time management skills are very important. Learn with the help of the online classroom that promotes your schedule making. With effective conduction of classes and home assignments, you will be able to manage time for co-curriculum as well. Make your everyday to-do lists to complete your work as soon as possible. Students can also use alarms or reminder apps to manage the available time properly.
- Proper prioritizing
This refers to managing the work in the order of its need and urgency. Students should prioritize their work by proper analysis. The first priority should be given to studies as academic performance matters a lot. The second priority should be given to active participation in extracurricular activities of your choice such as playing, dancing, art and craft, music, etc. Don’t forget to manage some time for rest and breaks. Our body is not a machine. Rest for rebuilding everything is very much important.
- Take advice
Managing and maintaining a balance is not easy. Facing difficulties and making mistakes is common. During any problem, while maintaining a balance in studies and co-curricular activities, students must ask teachers, parents, and their peer mates. Seeking help in this regard will surely help in improvisation and betterment of the student’s work.
Additional message for parents and teachers.
All the parents and teachers for online learning should help students to select the best app for online teaching so that they can manage their studies and other enjoyable activities effectively. When classroom studies are not proper, students spend a lot of time resolving their doubts and queries at home. Confusions and errors develop a complete imbalance in completing everyday tasks. Proper online classes will teach students properly and their learning will be quick and easy.
Other than that, parents can help students in choosing educational institutions that conduct live classes of co-curricular activities as well. In the present pandemic times, when going outdoors can be dangerous, online live sessions of extracurricular activities of students’ choice can be a great help. This will help in boosting the mental and physical growth, also the holistic development of the students.