If you’re looking for ways to save on your car insurance, one option is to get a good driving discount. Indeed, USAA’s average annual rate for good drivers of $1,141 per year is 27% cheaper than the national average. Achieving this discount can be done by maintaining a clean driving record, having a good credit score, and taking defensive driving courses. Keep reading to learn more about how to get a good driving discount on your car insurance.
Ask Your Insurance Company
There are many reasons why you should ask your insurance company about a good driving discount. The first reason is that a good driving discount can save you money on your car insurance premiums. By driving safely and avoiding tickets and accidents, you can prove to your insurance company that you are a responsible driver and qualify for a lower premium. Another reason to ask about a good driving discount is that it can help you maintain your good driving record. A good driving record can help you save money on car insurance in the future, as well as making it easier to obtain car insurance if you need to switch providers.
Drive Safely and Avoid Tickets
There are many ways to drive safely and avoid tickets, which in turn can help you get a good driving discount. First, make sure you know the rules of the road and obey them. This includes following the speed limit, using your turn signals, and not driving while impaired. In addition, be sure to keep your vehicle in good condition. This includes making sure your tires are properly inflated, your brakes are working correctly, and your engine is properly tuned. Also, make sure you have a clear view of the road ahead and surrounding traffic. This can be accomplished by keeping your windshield clean and your mirrors adjusted correctly. Finally, always be aware of your surroundings and drive defensively. This means anticipating the actions of other drivers and taking steps to avoid collisions. If you follow these tips, you can drive safely and avoid tickets, which can lead to a good driving discount.
Install Safety Features on Your Car
There are a few things you can do to your car to make it safer and, as a result, cheaper to insure. One is to install safety features. Many cars come with standard safety features like airbags and anti-lock brakes, but you can also add additional features. Installing these features may not be cheap, but it will save you money on your car insurance premiums. Here are the top safety features to ensure safe driving:
- Electronic Stability Control. Electronic stability control helps you maintain control of your car when you’re driving on slippery roads or in difficult conditions. This can help you avoid a collision or reduce the severity of a collision.
- Blind-Spot Monitoring. Blind-spot monitoring helps you avoid collisions caused by other cars driving in your blind spot. This is a helpful feature when you’re driving on busy roads.
- Rearview Camera. A rearview camera can help you avoid collisions caused by other cars driving behind you. This is a helpful feature when you’re backing up.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring. Tire pressure monitoring can help you avoid collisions caused by flat tires. This is a helpful feature when you’re driving long distances.
- Automatic Braking. Automatic braking can help you avoid collisions caused by other cars stopping abruptly. This is a helpful feature when you’re in heavy traffic.
Overall, getting a good driving discount on your car insurance is important because it can save you money on your premiums. By following the tips in this article, you can ensure you are getting the best possible rate on your car insurance.