Quickbooks Accounting Software is the most versatile application that helps all the QB users to maintain their accounting and bookkeeping activities of a running business. This software is specially designed for small and mid-sized enterprises to support their productivity and help them to maintain their financial activities.
But sometimes Quickbooks has stopped working and gets bugged with some errors. These errors will interrupt the workflow of the running business and make you a bit irritated. These errors can be fixed through different types of tools that are designed by Quickbooks developer Intuit itself. QuickBooks File Doctor is one such tool that is developed to cure the infection within the Quickbooks company file. Let’s get to the next paragraph where we explained the Quickbooks doctor in a detailed manner.
What is Quickbooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Repair is one of the finest tools to support Quickbooks accounting software. Through QB file doctor a user can perform different kinds of diagnosis on the infected files in Quickbooks desktop.
When a developer of Quickbooks received many queries about many sorts of errors, issues, and glitches while using Quickbooks company file, they developed Quickbooks File doctor to help the QB users to erase those errors. QB desktop might get bugged with a different type of errors but if the system has encountered any network issue or 6000 series error which means the company file is damaged, Quickbooks file repair can help the users to determine the error in no time without any hassle.
In this post, we are going to discuss how to use this tool to redeem the error from the system. So without taking much time, let’s just get started.
How To Use QuickBooks File Doctor?
Before using this tool you are required to download the Quickbooks File doctor. But you have to know that QB doctor comes in three different ways that can be used in three different ways.
So let’s just start with the first one that came in handy in-built in Quickbooks Accounting Software.
1: Built-In Version of Quickbooks File Doctor
This in-built tool comes up along with QuickBooks software 2016 and afterward. Due to its in-built nature, it detects the problems of QuickBooks software on its own and launches the scan itself. This is often only thanks to getting rid of the errors by clicking on the beginning button only. But it’s some process which you’ve got to follow respectively;
- With the built-in version, launch the Quickbooks without opening the corporate file
- After that, you’re required to go to the File menu
- Then click on the Utilities option
- Now click on the Repair File and Network problems to start out the built-in version of QuickBooks File doctor.
- Now you’ve got to browse and choose the corporate file where the error occurs and need the diagnosis
- Now click on the Open button.
- Go to the Show advance Setting from the drop-down list, select the rectification process to scan the file to determine the error.
- Now click on the Next option.
- Now you’ll see space for ID and Password, enter the right credential
- Now click on the Next option.
- Now your file is under a scanning procedure that helps the user to resolve the error from the system, the file doctor will process the file and resolve the error.
- After the method was completed, I attended the corporate file and tried to open it.
2: Stand-Alone Version of Quickbooks File Doctor
- First of all, download the QuickBooks file doctor from the official site of Intuit and then install it on the system.
- After Installing the Stand-alone version of the QuickBooks desktop file doctor, it automatically exposes on the screen
- If the file doesn’t open automatically, then attend the beginning button and choose programs, find the QBFD icon and click on thereon to open.
- Now, click on the drop-down list to seek out your company file
- If you can’t find it just click on the Browse choice to manually locate it on the disk drive
- Now select the choice check file damage only then hit on the diagnose file button.
- Now your file is within the process to locate the error you’re facing while working within the company file.
- After the scan completed the file doctor tool window showed up two option, choose wisely to repair the error;
- Option 1- If you’re receiving the 6000 error associated with your company file otherwise you think the corporate file is broken.
- Option 2- If you’re receiving Network error like H101, H202, H303, H505,
- After selecting the right choice to resolve the error, enter the corporate File Admin Password
- Now click on the Next button.
- In the further step, you are required to select one preferred option from two options again.
- Workstation option: If you’re troubleshooting on a client’s computer where the QuickBooks Company file is stored thereon computer.
- Server option: If you’re troubleshooting on a client’s computer where the QuickBooks Company file isn’t stored thereon computer.
- Now if you’re performing on the QuickBooks Server Select the choice Yes
- If you’re performing on the QuickBooks Workstation select option No.
- After completing all the steps as stated, QuickBooks Doctor will start repairing the corporate file and it takes a while so have some patience and wait.
- The time is taken by the QBFD totally depends on the dimensions of the file, network speed, and severity of the problems of the corporate file.
- After the diagnosis is completed successfully, you’ll receive a hit message from QBFD.
- Once the process completes, close the Quickbooks doctor and open the QuickBooks Company file.
3: QuickBooks File Doctor in QB Tool hub
- After the successful Installation of the Quickbooks Tool hub just double-clicks on the icon to open it.
- You will see a structured box with different vertical tabs thereon.
- Click on the second tab under the house option namely Company File issue.
- Go to the tab, you’ll see it’s a heading of Fix My Company File.
- Later on, there’s a green button namely Run QuickBooks File Doctor, click thereon .
- Now, select the specified file you would like to repair from the menu.
- Now, Enter the Admin credentials and click on next to start out the scanning process.
Now, you’ve got the complete guide to exploring the QuickBooks File Doctor entirely. But despite being awesome and helpful software for QuickBooks desktop it’s some limitations to use its service.
Hopefully, the above information is relatable to you and helps you to understand the direction of the use of Quickbooks file doctor. If you like the article, share your views on this topic with us in the comment section. If you have any kind of suggestion about this article please ping it to us in the comment box we will definitely consider it.