Hi there! At times when the food delivery business is trending, how could you stay away from venturing into this business? You may be wondering whether the food delivery business will bring prosperity or not. You no longer have to spend time bothering about the prosperity of the food delivery business. This blog is a perfect guide that will edify you about the nitty-gritty of the food delivery business. Let us head over!
Statistics that endorse the food delivery services
- In the U.S. marketplace, the food delivery services generated revenue of $26.5 billion as of the year 2020.
- According to the year 2020, the number of food delivery app users were 111 billion. This number is quite high when compared to 2019, in which the number of users was 95 billion.
- In regard to the U.K market, revenue generated by food delivery services alone accounts for $5.9 billion. Whereas in the year 2019, the revenue was $4.5 billion.
- The number of food delivery apps users in the U.K accounts for 24.8 billion with respect to the year 2020.
Top Reasons To Adore The Business Model Of UberEats
We all know that UberEats is the behemoth in the food delivery business. If a business is successful, then it will definitely have well-defined value propositions. Therefore, here we will look at some of the value propositions of UberEats that makes it successful.
- Express delivery – When it comes to delivery services, people expect their orders to be delivered at the earliest possible. UberEats guarantees speedy delivery, which is the major reason for the higher rate of adoption.
- No minimum order – Setting minimum order criteria will be a set back for your business. Therefore, let users order the required quantity without bothering the minimum order. Most importantly, UberEats follows no minimum order, which is one of the reasons for the higher adoption rate.
- Customer feedback – Similar to the above-stated value propositions, managing customer feedback is equally important. For this, you must constantly monitor your customer’s reviews, queries, etc., and seek ways to solve the issues. Additionally, it would be great if you employ chatbots in your app so that customers can quickly get answers to their queries.
On the whole, these are the value propositions that will greatly help in building the user base of your business. Hence, you must pay heed to these value propositions while offering your food delivery services.
Now, getting on to the track of food ordering and delivery app development. In general, the features of the app will play a key role in attracting customers. Therefore, your focus should be on integrating attracting features. Now, let us get to know the different features present in the UberEats like app.
Adorable Features Of Food Ordering App
- Order tracking
Order tracking is a never-to-leave feature. Letting your customers know about the location of orders is highly necessary. Therefore, here comes the order tracking feature that helps users in knowing the location status of their orders.
- Scheduling the delivery time
In general, almost all food delivery platforms come with the scheduling feature. Interestingly, customers can book their orders and fix a time for delivery. Hence, the scheduling feature will add more convenience to their purchase. Therefore, you must also consider incorporating the scheduling feature into your app.
- Smart recommendations
With the aid of Artificial Intelligence, finding out users’ preferences have become much simpler. With the help of AI integration, you can find out the users’ activities and recommend similar products. For example, a user orders Chinese food from the app. Since the app is infused with AI technology, the app will remember the previous order preferences and will recommend them with similar cuisines next time they look to order from your app.
Therefore, these are the top features that must be integrated into your food ordering app, which will bring in massive users. Next, we shall learn the different business models of the food delivery business.
A Dive Into The Business Models Of Food Delivery Business
- Order-only business model
- Order cum delivery business model
- Fully-integrated business model
- Order-only business model
Firstly, the order-only business model is rare in today’s times. In this model, customers can just place their orders by looking at the restaurants’ menu on the app. After confirming the food order, restaurants are responsible to dispatch the order to the customer’s place.
- Order cum delivery model
In contrast to the above-said order-only model, this model provides both ordering and delivery facilities. Yes! Here, customers can place the order, and the platform will take care of the delivery services.
- Fully-integrated model
Interestingly, the fully-integrated model is employed by those who run restaurants. To be more specific, they take their offline restaurant business online by developing an exclusive food ordering platform.
Finally, if you are eager to step into the food delivery business, you must launch an app like UberEats. Also, make a point to consider the above-stated features and decide the right business model for your business. Good luck!