Mini Goldendoodle is a cross breed from Golden Retriever and Poodle so it inherits a lot of characteristics from its parents. Mini goldendoodle puppies are very adorable and people just love to play with them for a long long time. They have golden color as the name suggests and soft curly fur on their body. It looks a lot similar to a teddy bear.
Today, we will be showing you some traits and behavioral characteristics of this dog breed. If you are keen to know about them, read on and have fun.
- Mini Goldendoodle have a friendly nature so loves to meet new people. You will find them to be highly affectionate, loving to greet and play with humans. Sometimes, it can get too mischievous while playing so you need to control it.
- If your dog is exposed to socialization in its early phase, it is highly likely that they will be playful and will love to be around humans. But, if the dog is not exposed to humans in its early phase, they will be shy, slightly less active compared to the ones that are playful and highly cheerful. You need to train them well so they befriend humans and not stay away from them.
- They can be very loyal to you and highly obedient if you provide them good training.
- They can’t be very good watch dogs as they are very friendly so if some stranger/thief comes to your house when you are away, there are more chances of the dog befriending them rather than barking. So, totally not recommended for protecting your house.
- You won’t be having any dog allergy with them so no need to worry about that aspect.
- They shed their hair quite low so you don’t need to worry about cleaning your house again and again for their shedded hair.
- They require low maintenance grooming so you don’t need to take them to the salon a lot. They have very little hair shedding so no frequent house cleaning to remove the shedded hair mess. If the dog has more genes of Golden Retriever, it will require more grooming as compared to the one having more genes of Poodle. Overall, the grooming frequency is very less compared to other dog breeds.
- The training of this dog is easy and not too difficult as compared to other dog breeds. The dog is very eager to please its trainer so it will be excited for what you teach them. You need to be polite and don’t pressurize them or harm them as it can lower down their mood of learning and might impact their training growth speed.
- Goldendoodle requires a fair amount of exercise daily to keep them energetic and active throughout the day. 30 to 45 minutes of daily exercise is a must for them to remain active for the rest of the day. Take them for a walk on the road or if you have a garden in your residential area, a walk and playful activities over there will also do. Take them swimming along with you as they love to swim.
- It is quite an intelligent dog breed.
Size and Weight:
They come in three sizes: Miniature, Small Standard, and Large Standard. Miniature has a height ranging from 14 to 20 inches. The Small Standard Goldendoodle has a height ranging from 17 to 20 inches. The Large Standard Goldendoodle has a height ranging 20 to 25 inches. Weight of Miniature, Small Standard and Large Standard are 15 to 35 pounds, 40 to 50 pounds and 50 to 90 pounds respectively.
It is advised to provide high concentrations of protein to your mini Goldendoodle so they get rich food full of nutrients. Make sure the food has moderate fat content. The amount of food that you need to provide to your dog depends on their size, age, weight and activity level. You can consult your vet and they will provide you a complete diet plan as per your dog’s requirements. Follow the diet plan strictly so your dog grows into a healthy one, fit and fine.
As Goldendoodles are a hybrid breed, they can inherit diseases from their parents – Poodles and Golden Retrievers. Let’s check out some health conditions found in mini goldendoodles.
● Dental Disease: Poodles have dental problems and the ratio is quite high when compared to other dogs so there are chances that Miniature Goldendoodle also have dental issues.
● Cancer: Golden Retrievers have one of the highest cancer rates so mini goldendoodles may develop cancer too.
● Ear Infections: It is found that many dog breeds have ear infections and it can occur to goldendoodles as well.
So, here was an overview of mini goldendoodles and its traits. Hope you enjoyed knowing about this cute dog and its behavioral characteristics.
Leave a Reply