Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a legally recognized organization established by the Employee Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act of 1952. For employees working in various Indian industries, this organization manages the provident fund, pension, and insurance schemes. The EPFO Unified Portal monitors the contributions made to the provident funds by the employees of different businesses. A business must register with EPFO if it employs 20 people or more. On the other hand, it is required that one register with the EPF Account if they are receiving a salary of at least Rs. 15,000 each year.
What is EPFO Portal?
On the official website of EPFO, there are different portals available, and the account can be managed by both the employee and the employer. You can also make different transactions, EPFO UAN activation, and withdraw a partial amount from these portals.
Commonly used portals are:
EPFO unified portal: This site allows you to log in and manage your EPF account, and if you want to access your EPF account, you must first enter your Username and Password. After your initial login, this site allows you to create a permanent login ID and password. If you forget your password, click the Forgot Password link and follow the instructions to regain your password.
You will get a new password on your registered mobile number to log in easily. Individuals can also access the Employer Sign-in page by clicking on that link.
If your account has been locked due to repeated incorrect password tries, you can utilize the unlock account link to unlock it. You can also use the below links to unlock the account, which is given on the EPFO Unified Portal:
- EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, India)
- Common ECR (EPFO & ESIC)
- Uncovered Principal Employer Registration
- Employer Registration for Pre-olre Establishments
- Shram Suvidha Portal
- Common ECR (EPFO & ESIC)
- Common Registration Under (EPFO & ESIC)
Image Source: Shutterstock
Services You Can Get from EPFO Unified Portal
The EPFO Unified Portal offers a variety of options for managing your EPF account. There are several advantages to using the Unified Portal that will benefit you and save you time and effort.
- You may check your EPFO balance using the Unified Portal. Alternatively, you can download and see your EPFO account statements via the portal.
- With the help of the Member Unified Portal, you can submit your claim online.
- If you want to download a UAN card, you can get the same service from the available webpage. You will need to complete a few basic procedures before downloading the UAN card from the same page.
- You can upload the document information online on the Unified Member Portal to complete or amend your KYC. This service saves time and effort by allowing you to update and finish your KYC online via the Unified Page.
- You can link your AADHAR with the help of an EPF account and the same on the Unified Portal.
- Every EPFO Accountholder is required to register a nomination so that the nominee can claim the EPFO money in the event of his untimely death.
- You may use the Unified portal to file e-nominations, and this service is available on the page.
- This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and the entire Aadhar connecting procedure will be conducted online.
- You should also be aware of the Withdrawal Claim Rules, which may be accessed via the same site.
- You may quickly track any old or inactive in-operative EPF accounts lying idle using the in-operative accounts online helpdesk. By giving some former work data, you may trace your old inactive PF accounts and have them moved to your current account.
EPFO UAN Activation – Complete Steps
If a person wants to activate their UAN, they must remember their member ID, UAN number, PAN number, or Aadhaar number. You should follow some steps for the activation of your EPFO UAN, and these are given below:
- You have to visit the link
- Click on ‘Activate UAN’
- Then you have to enter your PAN, UAN, Aadhaar number, or Member ID.
- After that, you must complete your details, name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, and captcha.
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’ after filling in the above information.
- You will get the pin on your mobile number, which is already registered with the UAN.
- You should enter the OTP, check the ‘I Agree’ disclaimer checkbox, and then click on the ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’ button.
- You will get password details on your registered mobile number.
- To use the EPFO site, you must provide their UAN, password, and captcha data. Employees can also modify the password sent to their registered cellphone number.
- You can reset their passwords on the EPFO site if they forget them. Employees will, however, need to know their UAN to reset their password.
We hope you understand the different services you can get on EPFO unified portal, like EPFO UAN activation and much more. You can make use of the EPFO portal to resolve all your queries. With these online portals, you can also manage your EPF account and make withdrawals.