Non-profit residence visa for Spain
The visa is granted to non-EU citizens who would like to reside in Spain for more than 6 months and not to work or gain any professional income. So here I will discuss on the non lucrative visa spain with details here.
Getting this visa is a great option if you plan to live in Spain and:
- Work with / in other countries (for example: remote work). It is not allowed to work in Spain (at least for the first year)
- you live in Spain and still run your business outside of Spain
- retreat to the countryside
- invest in Spain
- enroll in an education and study center
- do an internship in a company and get paid for it
- travel to Europe (through the Schengen territory) without any problem
- You can also apply for residency for a spouse and children.
- Passport valid for at least one year before the expiration date
- No criminal record both in your country and in Spain / No position in an unusual situation within Spanish territory
- Do not already live in a non-legal (irregular) situation in Spain
- Sufficient funds in your bank account to live in Spain (it does not need to be a Spanish bank account)
The residence permit lasts 1 year and subsequently the first and second renewals last 2 years. The third renewal of this visa (5 years) will guarantee permanent or long-term residence. Each year you live in the country with this permit counts towards the total required for nationality (Spanish citizenship)
How do I get a NIE number in Spain?
Here we will discuss how to get nie spain online in short. When you move to Spain, there are certain papers that you are going to need in the Spanish bureaucratic jungle to work study or buy a house. It can get quite overwhelming trying to figure it all out, but we are here to help you with the most important thing you are going to need as an expat: the NIE number (Número de Identificación de Extranjero, or Foreigner’s Identification Number).
Yes, you must have heard about it. This tax identification number is mandatory for all foreigners living in the country and it is necessary for dealing with any legal, financial, professional or social affairs in Spain, regardless of whether you are a resident or non-resident. If you want to work, pay taxes or buy property in Spain, you need a NIE number.
As a citizen of the European Union you will need this number within 3 months of arriving in Spain, while non-EU citizens will normally receive their NIE along with their Spanish residency. It’s best to start the NIE application process as soon as you can because Spanish bureaucracy can sometimes be a little dense and daunting, how to get a NIE in Spain.
1. Make the NIE number appointment
2. Get all the paperwork together