To reduce the effects of climate change and the correct use of raw materials, recycling is used. It is one of the closest tools that all citizens have to reduce the impact on the environment we create. In addition, we can achieve better management of existing natural resources and raw materials. However, sometimes it can be difficult to recycle properly.
Therefore, the waste management company, Junk Bunk Ltd, will dedicate this article to showing you how to recycle in your home correctly.
The first thing to consider is the reduction of raw materials. Not only will we recycle and reuse all the materials we use in our day, but we will also learn to reduce the number of resources we use. There are simple solutions with which we can offer solutions to learn how to recycle at home.
When we have a small kitchen and it costs, it is good to place small trash bins that serve to separate solid waste.
This is the main reason why we need to give some tips on how to recycle at home. Every day we create a huge amount of waste of different types. On the one hand, we have organic waste, which is what degrades itself. These are conventional wastes that are disposed of in organic containers, whether grey or blue.
Then we have the plastic and packaging waste found in most of the products we buy in supermarkets. The shelf life of these products can be extended imaginatively. In case you are not able to extend the useful life, it is necessary to dump this waste in the yellow container.
Finally, the other two wastes we generate every day are glass and paper. Both have their recycling bins, respectively green and blue.
Tips on how to recycle at home:
- Learn to distinguish between types of waste by starting to separate organic waste from inorganic waste.
- It is important to know well what type of waste goes in each recycling bin. We do not recycle waste but perform a selective separation. We make it easier for waste management companies to take advantage of this waste to turn it back into raw material.
- It is recommended to have containers in the house designed to separate waste well.
- Involve the whole family when it comes to recycling. You must teach your little ones about this topic so that they can keep it in mind in their daily lives. It is not helpful for just one family member to recycle waste when the rest have no information about it.
- Do not allow large amounts of waste to accumulate as there is no need to wait until the black bags are overfilled to be thrown in the recycling bins on the street.
- Please note that not all waste is disposed of in recycling bins. There is waste that does not fit into any of them. Some of the waste will go to the special container for non-recyclable waste.
- Remember that waste that is clean is recycled much better. For this reason, it is advisable to clean up some debris that may be bothering recycling tasks. It should only be cleaned with a little water or a cloth so that its subsequent treatment is better.
- Please note that the colours of the recycling bins vary from place to place. You must be well informed in your local council about current recycling codes and regulations.
Recycle from containers
One of the basic aspects of learning how to recycle at home is knowing what kind of waste goes in each recycling bin. To make it something simpler, we leave a guide to know the types of waste that are put in each container according to its colour.
Yellow containers: this is where the various wastes made of plastic and packaging are thrown. Tetra Bricks are an example of this. Sour cream bottles, water bottles, soft drinks, containers for canning, etc.
Green containers: Glass is thrown here. One of the most common failures among humans is the difference between the two types of glass as they are not recyclable in the same way.
Blue container: all paper and cardboard waste is thrown here. Some waste is also made from clean cardboard and works perfectly for these containers.
Coffee containers: Organic waste is thrown away here. There is great confusion in some locations as this container is not present. In case you have it in your address, only organic waste is dumped here, which can decompose itself. An example of this is food waste.
Gray containers: In this type of container are thrown only those types of waste that can not be recycled. In many localities, this waste is disposed of together with organic matter. It is completely wrong as organic matter can be used to create fertilizer which is used in horticulture and agriculture.