Having healthy hair is not achieved in a day. It takes weeks or even months of consistent hair care routine to get the healthy, beautiful, balanced, and shiny hair that you desire. However, when it comes to the best hair care, so many people are at a loss about the truth and lie on how to take care of their hair. The best hairdresser in London is Charles Worthington Salon and they offer the best when it comes to anything about your hair.
Moving on from the best hairdressers London, let’s get straight to the top facts and lies you need to know about taking care of your hair, so when planning your hair care routine, you know what to do and what not to do.
The Facts About Taking Care Of Your Hair
- Frequently washing your hair helps to get rid of dandruff:This is an open fact and a habit you should incorporate into your hair care routine. The specialists advise that you should wash your hair with the right shampoo to eliminate scaly skin, sebum, and severely reduce the presence of bacteria and fungi as well. Because of this, the hair would most likely experience immense improvement in seborrhoea and a corresponding decrease in dandruff.
- Dandruff-infested and greasy hair usually falls off more compared to hairs without dandruff:Another fact you should always take note of. When there is an increase in the production of sebum, the hair would be prone to scalp flaking and dandruff. The specialists advise the use of the right hair products that fit your type of hair.
- Washing your hair with hot water makes your hair dry and enhances frizz:This is also another fact about your hair. It is advisable to use cold or lukewarm water to wash your hair instead of hot water. This is because hot water can dehydrate your hair. When you use hot water to wash your hair, it increases the rate at which your scalp produces sebum. Sebum badly damages a person’s hair because it leads to the loss of proteins and other vital hair ingredients.
- Making use of styling gel from the roots to the top weighs your hair down and gives it a greasy root:Styling gel is only advisable to be used at the tips of your hair only. The quantity of the gel you used should be monitored as well. Use a pond coin if you have thick and plenty hair while you should only use a small-sized quantity if you have thin, fine hair.
- Making use of a straightener or hairdryer on wet hair makes the hair further dehydrated: This is exactly why it is important to remove all excess moisture from your hair with a dry towel before you begin detangling. You can also apply a thermal protector and then start to dry it. Use straighteners oy after you’ve applied hair protection products to prevent your hair from gaining excessive heat, prevent breakage, and make it easier to style.
- Your hair gets damaged when you tie it while it’s still wet: I’m sure you don’t want to damage your hair, so you must ensure you don’t tie your hair while it’s still wet. If you choose to, you must exercise due caution before your hair is very fragile at this stage. As a result of a temporary change in the hair’s chemical bonds caused by the wetness, the hair is more elastic and can easily break.
The Lies About Taking Care Of Your Hair
- Using a make instead of a hair conditioner results in more supple hair: This is one of the most common lies people believe about hair care. Although masks have their benefits, the best specialists advise that you should only use them once every week. Hair conditioner remains the best way to detangle your hair and make it shiny, silky, and hydrated.
- Everyday washing of hair results in hair loss: This is also a lie. Washing your hair every day only helps to remove already fallen-out hair. Loss of hair has nothing to do with washing but is in fact as a result of problems with the scalp.
Now that you know the truth about your hair care, do not hesitate to know what you know is right when carrying out your hair care routine. Your hair is one of the first things people would notice about it, so ensure you take care of it at all times using the right products and methods.