Mac operating system is the second most popular operating system that is widely used after windows. With its wide use, many people use PDFs frequently; thus, they may often be in need of splitting PDFs into pages. Either one PDF file per page or specify the page range they would wish to split or either if they can split multiple page PDF files to separate PDF files. Therefore, if you find yourself in such a scenario, worry no more because there are multiple ways to go about it. However, in this article, we shall talk about the top five PDF splitter software for Mac operating system that is very effective and widely used.
1. The UPDF — free PDF editor
Many people have now transitioned to digital; thus, the demand for PDF software has increased. However, different PDF splitter comes with different specifications, in that there are some that provide the satisfaction needed to get the job done. Besides, others have complex functionality and expensive subscription with an intricate interface. However, the UPDF PDF splitter and merger for Mac has numerous useful functions that allow you to select the one that will suit your preference best. It is made with single-page, single-page scrolling, two-page view, and two-page scrolling modes, and thus it gives the user a wider selection to pick the one that matches their demands. It offers a much user experience by allowing one to transverse among the numerous pages of the file without waiting to load. Its response time is immediate since it has no delay.
Furthermore, leaving some marks and highlighting some sections is vital while navigating through your PDF. The UPDF has a highly respected annotation function since it is practical and known for increasing productivity because it allows the user to take notes, highlight some sections, and strike out some areas. This PDF page splitter for Mac allows you to have total control over your files since it allows you to edit images and texts as well as the formats used in the text. Also, handling huge PDFs allows you to arrange the PDF pages and has the functionality of a batch process that will enable you to process many PDFs once. It gives you the capabilities of fully customizing your PDF since it allows you to rotate, rearrange and even change the PDF orientation or even eliminate or remove the less relevant PDF pages. More importantly, the convert feature is available now in UPDF for Mac, you can convert PDF to Word!
2. The Mac preview app
This application comes with the Mac operating system, and it is more powerful than its name implies. Besides viewing PDFs, the PDF splitter for Mac contains other basic PDF features that an average user might require. The software’s built-in features allow the user to capture signatures by signing a piece of paper and scanning it using the webcam or Mac’s trackpad. The signature is then saved in the Mac OS and can later be used in other documents in the future. Other than signature, the preview software can be used for splitting a PDF file. This can be done by extracting a page on the file and then saving it as a separate PDF file. The procedure is simple and can be done by following the method below.
- First, you have to open the PDF file in preview
- Then you select the page you would wish to split
- Drag and drop the PDFs that you had initially selected to your desktop, and then it will copy the selected PDF pages to its PDF files.
3. Using the PDF Master
Many PDF splitters for Mac are free; however, they are not very reliable like PDFMaster. This PDF editing tool allows you to split PDF into pages and organize and manage them since it contains all the necessary features. This software can convert, create, compress, edit, merge, encrypt, split and decrypt PDFs. It is a well-designed software since it allows the user to split a PDF into multiple files by equal page quantity or specific page range. The best thing with this software is that it allows one to convert native and scanned PDFs and allows numerous formats. Therefore, to split large files with Cisdem PDFMaster, follow the following procedure.
- Download and install it into your Mac operating system. Then run it
- After it has opened, navigate to PDF split
- You can choose to delete or rotate PDF pages if you feel it is necessary
- Save then adjust the splitting setting
- Then press on the “Convert” icon to split the PDF pages
4. Using Automator to split a PDF into individual pages
Technology has advanced so fast in that there is numerous software to handle a particular problem. With Automator, it helps you split multiple PDF files efficiently; however, this software only allows you to split a PDF into an individual page. To do this;
- Navigate to Finder, then on the application menu, open the Automator app
- Click on the Workflow and then navigate to Choose
- Click on Library, then on the prompt menu, choose Files and Folders, which will show the Finder items, then drag and drop them to the right window
- Back to the Library, open PDF, then Split PDF and then drag and drop Split PDF to the right window.
- After everything is set, click on the Run icon
- Move to the PDF file you are splitting, and then opt for splitting PDF pages.
5. Using VeryPDF
This is another reliable software for PDF splitter for Mac since it supports the split of documents in batches simultaneously. The procedure to use it is simple and easy.
- Download and install the program to your PC
- After the installation process is complete open the application by double clicking its icon
- After adding the PDF document to the software, the most convenient way is to drag and drop the files into the window
- Click on the “Rule” button to set your splitting rule
- Then save the rule
In conclusion, with the growing number of PDF splitters for Mac, it is hard to distinguish the best; however, UPDF is worth it since it has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use. If you work on PDFs more often, UPDF is the most convenient for that task since it has all the features and thus it is reliable.