Within the last decade, technology has advanced at a breakneck pace, and something new happens in the realm of technology every minute. Smartphones are one of the most popular and valuable technology breakthroughs. The first commercially accessible device that might be considered a “smartphone” was a prototype named “Angler” built by Canova while at IBM in 1992 and presented at the COMDEX computer industry trade exhibition in November of that year.
There are many various varieties and versions of smartphones accessible nowadays. According to Statista, there are 6.648 billion smartphone users in the world today, which indicates that 83.89 percent of the global population has one. With the advent of the internet, you can connect your smartphones with super-fast internet such as Windstream internet and enjoy unlimited features while staying connected to the world.
However, not every smartphone user makes the most of his device. There are several features and tricks that many of us aren’t aware of, but which may greatly improve your smartphone experience. In this post, we’ll show you several smartphone hacks that will make your life simpler and better, so keep reading.
Use ‘Near-by Share’
Near-by-Exchange is a simple method to share files, links, and media with people in your immediate vicinity. It’s a lot quicker and more efficient than Bluetooth, and it’s compatible with Android versions 6.0 and above. Simply follow these easy steps to share stuff with Near-by-Share:
- Turn on the Nearby share option and make sure your phone is connected with Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Suppose that you find a wonderful app on the app store and want to share it with your friends, simply browse to that app on the app store and select the sharing option offered via the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Select share from the Nearby-share option.
- Hold your phone near your friend’s phone.
- Under “Looking for nearby devices,” tap your friend’s device.
- After the content has been sent, tap Done.
Use Split Screen View
Have you ever wondered how to check your location on a map while also texting your buddy about it? Or do you want to know how to watch a YouTube video while still chatting with your friends? If you didn’t previously know, Split Screen View can be used to complete all of the activities listed above. To open two apps simultaneously, follow these simple steps:
- Open the “Recent tabs” screen option
- Click on the app icon you want to view on split-screen.
- Select the Open in split-screen view option
- Select another app from the Recents screen, or close the recent screen and run another app.
Schedule Text Messages
Want to wish your friend a Happy Birthday at exactly midnight but are tired enough to be waking up for that? Well, it’s easy. Just schedule your text message. If you don’t know how to do that, follow these easy-peasy steps:
- Open the text message app on your android phone
- Type a message and add the recipient
- Now instead of sending the message, tap the plus icon on the right of your typing bar and select the ‘Schedule message’ option.
- Now select the date and time you want the message to be sent
- Send the message. A clock will appear beside your message.
The receiver will receive the message at the time you have set for the message to be sent.
Check Your Pulse
Heart rate is an important indicator of human health. It counts the number of times the heart contracts or beats per minute. You can simply monitor your heart rate on your smartphone in a matter of seconds by utilizing some great smart applications. To determine your pulse rate, follow the steps below:
- Download the “Instant Heart Rate” app from your app store.
- After setting up the app, place your index finger over your phone’s camera and wait for the app to calibrate and measure your pulse rate within a few seconds.
- The app will show your heartbeat as well as allow you to keep track of it.
Take Continuous Shots
Random clicks are frequently better than those for which we prepare for hours. Instead of taking individual images one at a time, you may use the “Burst shot” feature to capture numerous photos at once and choose the best one later. The burst shot feature allows you to snap many shots with a single click. Follow these easy steps to use the “burst shot” function:
- Open your camera app and place your camera to the object or scenery you want to capture.
- Now instead of tapping the shutter button for a click, drag the shutter button downwards in the portrait mode or to the right in the landscape mode.
- The white shutter button will turn black and numbers will start to show indicating the number of shots being taken.
- Take as many shots as you want and leave the shutter button once you are done taking pictures.
- You’ll then click on the separate album of that burst shot to select the shots you liked and delete the rest
To sum it all up,
Technology has brought us many gifts and the smartphone is the best and most used one among them. Today most people are using smartphones but not everyone uses them smartly. We have mentioned above some hacks that you can use on your smartphones to improve your experience and become a smartphone user, not just a smartphone user.