These are glass panels that prevent water from splashing over to the other side of the bathroom where you have a combined shower and bath set up. They are fixed to the wall by means of a hinge. They are made up of glass of different thicknesses. Shower curtains are hard to keep clean and can cause mildew and moulds in the bathroom and also are old-fashioned. Shower screens are the alternatives to shower curtains. Bathroom suites
Types of Shower Screens
- Framed- Framed shower screens are highly durable and resistant. This type suits the crowned bathroom in the best way. If you are looking for shower screen for a bathroom that is used by members of a big family, it is the ideal one. Usually, aluminium frames are used that work quite well for any bathroom size. Aluminium frame provides a full enclosure that would ascertain the lifespan of the glass and this comes in an affordable price range. It is to be noted that panels should be cleaned after taking shower in order to avoid stains of water on the glass.
- Frameless- This is very much sophisticated and luxurious. It makes the space appear bigger and so it is a good choice for small bathrooms. It gives the bathroom a modern and trendy look. This is also easy to install, local glazing service providers can take care of the installation efficiently.
- Semi Frameless- There is only a frame placed on the outer side of the panel. It is a type between framed and frameless shower screens. Screen is slim and resistant. They are also a good fit for small bathrooms. They are priced lesser than the frameless ones.
- Fixed door- Works for big bathrooms only. This is highly sophisticated, aesthetic and luxurious. A dry space is required with this door in order to avoid water everywhere while taking shower.
- Sliding door- This type saves space and is perfect for small bathrooms. You can open the door with ease in a small bathroom.
- Pivot door- This is a traditional type and fits best for spacious bathrooms.
Measurement of Shower Screens
Measurement depends on the size of the bathtub and the intensity of your showering kit. Usually, they stand between 1300-1500 mm. The thickness ranges between 3-8mm.
Types of Glasses for Shower Screens
- Tinted- Opaque or of any other color of your choice.
- Frosted- Gives frosted glazing to the glass for privacy.
- Textured- Gives a blurry effect on the glass and is perfect if you prefer privacy.
- Clear glass- Gives a clear view as the glass is crystal clear.
Different Finishes of Shower Screens
You can opt for different types of finishes like matt black, brushed brass, timeless chrome, etc. Chrome gives the bathroom an elegant look.
- Economic- Tradition shower screens start at $550. Shower panels are very much cost-effective starting from $345 for a basic one.
- Mid- ranged- Depending on the size you are going for, the price ranges between $750 – $1000
- High-end- These are luxurious and costing ranges between $2500- $4000
Are They Safe For Young Children?
Safety glass used in the shower screen should be tough and of high quality to ensure safety of the children. The glass should possess a smooth edge to prevent any sort of injury. If you are still worried, you can go for folding shower screens that can be tucked away whenever needed.
Consider the above-mentioned features and buy a shower screen which suits you to make your bathroom look tidy and elegant.