Looking for a Salesforce consultant or want to become one? But don’t know what are the roles of Salesforce consultants? Worry not! This blog will help you understand the reloes and responsibilities of a salesforce consultant in broader detail.
Who is a Salesforce Consultant?
A Salesforce consultant is someone you hire for your company to make the best use of the Salesforce CRM platform. The consultant would be responsible for understanding your business goals, utilizing technology to support the goal, and designing processes and better serve the customers. But the roles of a Salesforce consultant are much deeper and wider.
If you are looking to hire a Salesforce consultant for your business, you will need to know how valuable the consultant will be to you. A competent consultant has excellent expertise in the Salesforce CRM platform. Along with that, the consultant should have managerial and analytical skills.
Nevertheless, you can only make good use of these skills only when you know the roles the consultants will be fulfilling.
3 Types of Salesforce Consultants and their Roles
Your business might require you to hire a Salesforce consultant with prior experience. But you can also find newbies in the market.
Depending on the business requirement, you will need to make the proper choice. When you decide to shop for a Salesforce consultant, you will come across 3 levels of them.
- Entry-level consultants
- Mid-level consultants
- Senior consultants
Each type of Salesforce consultant brings different skillsets and responsibilities to the table. Depending on the budget and needs of the business, you can choose between any of the three.
Here is a more detailed discussion on these 3 types of Salesforce consultants.
Roles of an entry-level Salesforce consultant
An entry-level consultant is someone who has 1 to 3 years of experience. The consultant is on the building stage of their career. Their roles mainly involve improving company clients’ Salesforce platform with the guidance of more experienced consultants.
More of their tasks include the following:
- Configuration-based tasks like process building, field configuration, etc.
- Preparing custom Salesforce report as per requirements
- Building rapport with the client’s projects
- Configuration testing on different business situations
- Managing User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Migrating and cleaning simple data
Roles of a mid-level Salesforce consultant
A mid-level Salesforce consultant comes with more experience than an entry-level consultant. Typically, these consultants have more than a year’s experience, reaching up to 3 years. They are responsible for leading small project teams and designing solutions to different business circumstances.
Their responsibilities include the following:
- Gathering and validating requirements of potential clients
- Integrating client needs into the system
- Running business analysis to report the current state
- Integrating popular Salesforce features into different tasks
- Designing automated and customized solutions to build relationships
- Configuring more robust Salesforce tasks like revenue schedules and more
- Analyze and report successful projects
- Managing stakeholders to build relationships
- Migrating and cleaning complex data
Roles of a senior-level Salesforce consultant
The top-most consultant level comes with more than 3 years of experience in the field. They are often the lead consultant or the team director you can hire to oversee the whole thing.
Their tasks involve solving major problems and looking into the “big picture.” These consultants control the whole database and manage relationships with major clients.
Major roles these consultants fulfill include the following:
- Integrating complex Salesforce products with client’s requirements
- Managing cross-functional requirements that can impact multiple teams
- Running in-depth business analysis to report the current state
- Understanding the domain architecture of Salesforce and integrating it into complex scenarios
- Managing the design and architecture of the system
- More involvement with stakeholders
- Managing extensive implementations
- Developing frameworks for future projects
The primary role of Salesforce consultants is to implement, design, and maintain databases to connect businesses with their consumers. They have the responsibility to do whatever it takes to keep and manage the customer relationship.
The most crucial factor for any Salesforce consultant is to customize the organization and add business values to become a client’s top partner. Thus, by handling many crucial concerns influencing the efficient operation of any firm, a Salesforce consultant contributes significantly by implementing the world’s best CRM system—Salesforce.