For the safety of you and your workers, it is important and crucial to conduct a Fall protection equipment inspection workplace. Any piece of equipment will become inefficient over time if it is not properly maintained. Workers who use systems on a regular basis cannot detect incremental degradation because there is often little difference from day-to-day. Regular maintenance and upkeep have to be done without any delays to ensure your workers are safe. While falls are more common in the construction industry, they are a serious hazard in any industry. They’re also costly: disability claims, medical costs, and lost production cost the economy of the nation about $70 billion a year.
Benefits Of Fall Protection Equipment Inspection:
- People working at heights can slip, necessitating the use of fall protection equipment as a backup. If the device fails, your workers will be injured which may result in fatality. Which will be followed by their medical expenses and compensation to be paid. You will face some legal problems and the local authority or government can suspend your business license. So if you are using unreliable fall protection equipment in your workplace then your business can be closed or shut down very soon. In this scenario, you must follow the manufacturer’s instructions as well as OSHA regulations to keep your equipment secure. A fall protection equipment inspection will provide you with a detailed report on your fall protection device, which you can then fix based on their recommendations.
- Companies offering fall protection equipment inspections have trained and certified professionals who have years of experience in this field. They can easily identify the potential risk associated with your fall protection equipment, and will guide you step by step to take further course of action for your fall protect equipment. Thorough inspection will be conducted on your fall protection system, including the PPE of your workers, and place relevant tags based on their current conditions. After fall protection equipment inspection is completed, a certificate will be provided if everything is fine and this has to be submitted to the local authorities to keep your business running. You can also find the date of the next inspection in this report or certificate.
- Some inspection companies will also provide timely training to your workers on how to use the fall protection equipment for their safety and how to gauge when the equipment is no longer safe to be used. They either conduct workshops or provide on-site trainings. Fall protection equipment inspection agents will also evaluate your work place to find any area or other equipment that pose threat to the lives of the people working there.
Things To Consider Before You Install Fall Protection Equipment:
- You need to install a fall protection system to keep your workers safe and you need to decide the height of such fall protection equipment according to your industry needs. For example, you can use a fall protection system with 6 feet height in your construction site and you need to use a fall protection system with 5 feet height in your shipyards. So you can hire some trained professionals for fall protection equipment inspection and they can help you to choose the best fall protection system according to your needs.
- Second, you must decide if removing or avoiding the fall hazard is more important. If you can fully remove the threat, the staff would be the happiest, but there are times when this isn’t possible.
- Then you’ll need to research fall safety options like personal fall protection devices, fall suspension systems, guardrails, scaffolds, handrails, and barriers.
- You must also ensure that your staff are adequately trained in the use of these safety devices, and you must perform frequent checks to ensure that they are being used correctly.
Preparation is the most important aspect of fall protection. You already know what fall prevention entails; all you have to do now is do your homework and put it into practice strategically.
We understand the difficulties you face in keeping your employees safe. That is why we have provided you with the above article on fall protection equipment inspection, which you can adjust to. Visit the local government’s official website or blog for more workplace safety tips and best practices.