Traffic controller jobs are getting popular in Melbourne and more individuals are taking interest in this field. The reason is traffic controller jobs are less difficult as compared to other manual labor jobs. Additionally, the benefits people get from these jobs are plenty. That’s why Labour Hire Companies In Melbourne make sure to supply the experienced traffic controllers.
These traffic controllers ensure to control the traffic flow around the construction areas effectively. Let’s see in detail what are the advantages people get in traffic controller jobs which are causing a rise in traffic controllers Melbourne jobs.
Benefits Of Becoming A Traffic Controller In Melbourne
Individuals get the following benefits if they apply in permanent or temporary traffic controller jobs.
- Attractive Salary
Traffic controllers can make a good amount of money by working for a few hours. Usually they can earn 40$ to 50$ per hour. That’s why it’s a great opportunity for youngsters to earn and manage their expenses. Moreover, as their experience grows, they can get a raise in their salaries as well.
- No Hard Labour Task
Traffic controllers don’t need to carry heavy weight or do laborious tasks. All they need to do is to carry a stop/go board and stay active. They just need to manage the traffic at a particular place so they don’t need to do walking or any other hard task in this job.
- Flexible Working Hours
Working in numerous shifts is a big advantage of being a traffic controller. It becomes pretty easy for them to balance between their studies and work. Moreover, if they want to earn more, then they can take part in double shifts as well.
- No Higher Qualification Required
To become a traffic controller, you don’t require a higher qualification. Anyone can become a traffic controller. All you need to do is complete a traffic controller training course. Once you complete the training, you are eligible for the job.
- Life Saviour
First aid training is also part of the traffic controller course. Therefore, they serve an important duty to save the lives of others from horrible accidents while performing their duty.
- Suitable Field For Women
Women are taking more interest in traffic control jobs. The reason is this field is safe and requires less manual labor as compared to any other job. That’s why they can comfortably make money in this job.
What Are The Duties Of A Traffic Controller in Melbourne?
The duties of a traffic controller are mentioned below:
1. They Have to manage traffic at construction sites or any other crowded place, wherever he is appointed.
2. They have to use stop/go bats wisely and maintain the safety of drivers on the road. They need to direct the drivers gently towards the other side of the road.
3. They also need to review, manage and maintain the road barriers to block a specific road. This blocking requires a proper traffic management plan.
4. Maintaining a safe working environment at construction sites by guiding workers and who are walking on the roads.
5. Directing and notifying drivers who are not following the rules.
6. They also manage the proper flow of traffic on busy roads and guide the pedestrians as well.
7. They also need to operate communication systems such as two way radio. This communication system makes them connect with workers working at construction sites and guide them.
How To Become A Traffic Controller?
To become a traffic controller you need to fulfill the following requirements.
- Traffic controllers require proper training and completion of some courses. These training courses include (but are not limited to):
- RIIWHS205D (Control traffic with a stop/go sign)
- RIIWHS302D (Implementation of traffic management plan)
- They should be fluent in English to direct traffic and communicate effectively with Melbourne citizens.
Among other job opportunities, traffic controller jobs in Melbourne are a great source to earn money. It is possible for individuals to earn by working less laborious tasks and still pursue careers in construction. Women can also work in this field comfortably.