Few people want to visit an online store that takes a long time to load and with blurry photos. But there are a large number of tools and options to help solve these problems. First, it is recommended to order Shopify plus development company by professionals. Other methods:
- To resize or crop images as recommended, you can use the resizing tools to compress them. Shopify’s tools will allow you to upload 6 photos at a time. Resizing will help you optimize the size of your images.
- After uploading images to the store, you need to check those using tools such as Google Pagespeed. It will show you which images need to be compressed or resized to start optimizing right away.
- When you know which image you need to optimize, you will see online compressors that allow you to compress. Often they are able to reduce the size in half, without losing quality. This is important if you receive an error exceeding 20 megabytes during the download process.
- When the compression process is complete, you need to return to Shopify to replace them instead of the uncompressed images.
Alternatively, you can use Crish Pics, with automatic compression, and let the app start a process when you upload a picture to the store.
Shopify header image size must be 2048×2048 or 800×800 pixels. The maximum size should not exceed 20 MB and 4472×4472 pixels. But such sizes will probably never be needed, such huge files will significantly slow down the page loading speed. For photos, it is recommended to use JPG or PNG formats, this will give a good balance of quality and download speed.
When looking at product images, consider the pixel dimensions. There is no specific size to use.
When selecting images for collections, it should be borne in mind that their sizes must be consistent. The ratio of height to width should be the same. Otherwise, the interface will be spoiled. You need to choose simple and high-quality banner images. When the process of switching to the mobile version is carried out, resizing and cropping occurs. Therefore, it needs to be centered. This will improve the look, as it will clip at the top and bottom, as well as at the edges.
Sometimes you might want to add images to your title. It can be a promotion of a future event, a secondary logo. The maximum header height must not be more than 250 pixels. But it is better to use up to 120. This version of the header image will look better in the visual design of the store.
When choosing a banner size, you will need to take into account the recommendations of the theme that is installed. EcomSolid Theme can guarantee that the images can fit in the banner section. But for maximum visual effects, it will be better if the banners are approximately 1200 pixels wide and 400-600 pixels high.
The Shopify logo is 450×250 pixels. The reason is that the side panel is 250 pixels wide. This does not mean that the size of the logo should correspond exactly to the specified parameters. The main requirement is that they do not go beyond them.
Visual effects are an integral part, therefore it is necessary to choose images responsibly.
The selection process is not as easy as it sounds, as visuals are essential. We will provide some quick tips to help you make sure your images are working correctly.
- All images have been compressed, you do not need to use the original sizes, you need to reduce them carefully to make purchases more enjoyable.
- Look at the theme guide, read the guidelines, it should state what the image formats and sizes should be to make sure you are making the right choice.
- Always keep in mind the ideal Shopify image sizes when collaborating with professional product photographers. You must first tell them what you need. This will save you a lot of time.
Finally: check the appearance of the images via mobile phones after adding them. This is an important step.