The rims of the car wheels are made up of strong alloys. They are hard and bear a great amount of pressure every day. However, these rims sometimes hit a deep crevasse on the road and get Scratched. In such incidents, tires sometimes get destroyed, and on other occasions, these are the rims that get damaged. If only the tire is damaged, we can replace it with a new one conveniently, and at a low cost. But, when it comes to rims, they are costly to replace, and perfect replacement is hard to find.
There are two ways to resolve this issue. The first way is to replace the rim with a new one. It will cost you more. The 2nd way is to repair this Scratched rim by availing the services related to rim repair Sydney. This method will save you money and increase the service life of the wheel. Thanks to Alloy Rim Repair Services Sydney, it has become easier to repair the Scratched rims.
There are many reasons to opt for repairing the rims instead of replacing them. Let’s have a look at some of these benefits.
Reduces the Cost
Brand new rims are very costly. On average, the cost of the new Aluminum alloy rim is approximately $400. It can be higher depending on the model of your car. Now, this is very expensive for the average person. However, if you repair the Scratched rims, the cost decreases significantly. Therefore, it’s recommended to take the services of rim repair Sydney rather than buying a new alloy rim.
Alloy rims come in various styles and appearances. When any damage to this rim occurs, the owner thinks it is better to replace it with a new alloy rim. According to them, it is impossible to reshape the damaged rim as it was initially. But, they are wrong in their approach and thinking. With the help of advanced tools, it has become feasible to repair the Scratched rim to its original shape in less time. Sometimes, these repair work make your rims better in appearance and strength than it was initially.
You may surprise, but repairing work indeed takes less time than the replacement process. In the replacement process, you first need to find the right fit for the rim according to the car model. After the right rim selection, the replacement process also consumes significant time. On the other hand, rim repairing work takes few hours to complete. This means you’ll get the repaired rim not only in less time but also at a lower cost.
Perfect Fit to the Wheel
New alloy rims can prove a good choice, but not all the time. Sometimes, the new rim is not as suitable or fit to the car wheel as was the original one. Therefore, it always seems wise to get rim repairing services rather than buying costly new rims.
How to Repair Scratched Rims?
The process of straightening rims is not as complex as it may seem. For repairing Scratcheds, you need the following tools.
- Gloves for protection
- Blow Torch
- Safety Goggles
- Hydraulic Jack
- Air Compressor
- Flat Wood
- Soap mixed Water
Steps to Repair Scratched Rims
- First, remove the tire or Scratched rim. For this purpose, you need to lift the car with the help of a hydraulic jack. Remove the lug nuts from the wheel with appropriate tools. After it, remove the damaged rim and the tire. Don’t forget to wear Googles during the operation.
- In the next step, turn on the blow torch to heat the Scratched location of the rim. Heat both the Scratched sides up to 2-3 minutes.
- As the rim is soft now, take the mallet and hit the damaged part of the rim to remove the Scratched. In case the mallet is producing unwanted marks on the rim, place the wooden piece in between the mallet and Scratched rim.
- If some Scratched is still there and the rim becomes harder to shape, repeat the previous two steps until you achieve the desired results.
- When the temperature of the rim becomes normal again, place the tire back to the repaired rim. You need to use a pry bar to complete this step. This step is a little harder; use the soapy water using a sponge where the tire and rim meet. If bubbles are forming after using the soapy water, it means air is leaking from somewhere. It is recommended to take the help of a mechanic if this problem persists.
- Now, it’s time to refit the tire back to the car. This step is a reversal of the first step.
- Don’t forget to screw the lug nuts properly onto the wheel studs. It is advised to start screwing the nuts from the bottom side of the tire.
It is Better to Take the Help of a Professional to Repair Scratched Rims?
Repairing the Scratched rim by yourself has its pros and cons. You may save money, but it is tricky work to do. A small mistake can ruin all of your efforts and you may end up hiring Alloy Rim Repair Services Sydney. Many companies are offering Rim Repair Sydney services now. If you are looking for quality services with less cost in Sydney, there is no better option than Scratch Vanish. They are fast and offer competitive prices.