Australia is one of the best countries for many international students. Thousands of overseas students prefer Australia for higher studies. Many of them start working in Australia right after completing their studies. Australia offers Student Visa 500 to overseas students. They can apply for a visa 500 to travel to Australia and study there.
You must meet the visa requirements to be eligible for a Student visa. Australia ranks among the best places to live, study and work. The Australian Government offers different study programs and courses. International students can enroll in these programs to make their future brighter. However, it’ll be possible through a Student Visa.
Student Visa 500
Student Visa 500 is for overseas students to participate in the course of study in Australia. It’s a temporary visa. You can live and study for 5 years in Australia with a visa 500. You can apply for a Student visa whether you’re in or outside Australia. It allows overseas students to work in Australia during their studies.
You can work for 40 hours per fortnight in Australia. Though, you can only start working when your course starts. Overseas students are bound to work for only 40 hours. They can work for unlimited hours during semester breaks or public holidays. It’s a great opportunity for foreign students to gain work experience in Australia.
Student visa costs nearly AUD 630. You can also bring your family members with you on visa 500. However, there’re separate charges for a family member applying with you. Furthermore, you and your family member has to pay for biometrics, health checks and police certificates.
Eligibility Criteria for Student Visa 500
The Department of Home Affairs has set particular criteria for visa 500. You can be eligible for Student Visa if you’re able to meet its requirement.
To apply for visa 500, you must;
- Be at least 6 years old
- Be enrolled in the course of study in an Australian education institute.
- Have the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or you must fall into any exemption category.
- Have welfare arrangements for your stay period in Australia only if you’re under 18 years of age
- Meet English language requirements
- Have adequate health insurance for your whole stay in Australia
- Hold an eligible substantive visa if you’re in Australia while applying.
- Be a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). You must intend to leave Australia when your course ends.
- Meet the character requirements if you’re 16 years of age or above
- Meet the health requirements
- Sign the Australian Values Statement if you’re 18 years old or above. It’s to ensure that you’ll respect the Australian laws and their way of living.
- Not have had a visa canceled before
- Not owe money to the Australian Government. Or if there’s any debt, you must have arranged to pay it back.
What Documents Do I Need for Student Visa?
You must submit the required documents to apply for Student Visa 500. The Department of Home Affairs asks for some documents.
- Identity documents
- Pages of your current passport along with your photograph and personal information
- Issue and expiry dates of your current passport
- National identity card
- Evidence of change of a name. It includes your marriage or divorce certificate
- Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) for all courses you’re enrolled in Australia.
- Proof of enough financial resources to cover your expenses while staying in Australia
- Documents to prove that you’re a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)
You must prepare your documents appropriately. All of your non-English documents should be translated into English. Your translator in Australia must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.
Whereas translators outside Australia aren’t required to be accredited. They just need to provide their full name, address, qualifications and experience on each translation. Applicants are advised to scan or photograph their documents in color. The photographs and scans must be clear. Moreover, you must keep a copy of your visa application once it’s completed.
Can Student Visa Apply for Covid Disaster Payment?
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Australian Government has announced the Covid-19 Disaster Payment. It’s to assist those affected by the Covid-19 restrictions in Australia. If you’re an Australian resident, an Australian permanent resident, or hold a working visa, you can be eligible for it.
International students can study in Australia with Student Visa 500. It’s the best opportunity for overseas students to complete a course study in Australia. However, it’s essential to meet the visa requirements to obtain visa 500. You can also work during your course period and gain employment experience in Australia.